Pages

Wednesday 14 February 2018

SOS - Waitangi Day

What did you do on Waitangi Day?


On Waitangi day I spent the morning getting prepared with my family to go for a morning run.
I really enjoyed it because, not only did I get to spend time with my family, but I was able to
push my limit and go non stop around the Bayson! For me that was a very big achievement because,
usually I would stop after five minutes and walk the rest, but with the help of my supportive brothers
and cousin, I was able to push my limit and run all the way round!  


Do you think we should celebrate Waitangi Day?
                   ( continue to enjoy a day off )
Yes / no ‘ Give a reason
For me I am not sure. Reason being is because, I don’t have much of an understanding on what
Waitangi day is about. I do understand that on that very day, the treaty of Waitangi was signed.
I mean, I do enjoy the fact that we get the day off to spend time with our loved ones on that day,
but to be very honest with you, I really want to understand more about waitangi day and what secrets
that treaty holds, what power does this treaty hold? Is it really that important? If so, why did we have
to make a treaty just to create peace between the two nations? I hope one day I will be able to
understand.
Perspectives

  1. It was a place she wanted to visit. Because she understood the history of why waitangi day
  2. is important.
  3. She did not come simply for the beauty and the hospitality of the place, he and others came
  4. because there was much work. . . Much work to do.
  5. Because it was very important to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment